Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's my name again?

So, I'm having some serious indecisiveness. Honestly, I'm usually too much of a control freak to ask for anyone else's advice on elements of design. Not that I don't respect or admire others with an artistic eye, but I think that it takes away from the creativity that makes the artist who they are. Of course, this is totally my opinion...probably a slightly psychotic one. I began to think my control freak side had gotten hold of the sanity in me when I insisted relentlessly to fight tediously with HTML and carpentry...

Nonetheless, I NEED YOUR HELP.
As some of you may know, the above picture is of me and my brand spanking new husband. I am beginning the process of getting my business license, but before I finalize anything, I have to decide the name I'd like my photography to be known by.
I'd always thought it'd be "Kali Brou Photography"...it had a ring to it. Well, of course it does, it's been my name for over two decades! But now (read: dramatic), now...the closer I get to making a move towards a business name--a concrete, set in stone business name, I'm beginning to feel weird not using my new name. The name I will have for far longer than just a couple decades.

This is where I need your help! I need everyone to comment below what you think my business name should be. I'm thinking from a sound standpoint, an aesthetic standpoint, a design standpoint. 


KALI BROU PHOTOGRAPHY

or

KALI B. NORTON PHOTOGRAPHY




(Above picture taken by amazing photographer and friend, Melissa Friloux who's working on a rockin'revamp of her website and blog...coming soon!)



13 comments:

  1. i vote kali brou photography. four letters and four letters. it goes. it's nice. it's clean. it flows. it looks pretty. sorry preston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm......what about "Just Kali photography".....you know kinda like "Just Jack" from Will and Grace.......Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with shelli!

    logan says you can also just not use your name

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would advise Kali B. Norton Photography. I believe that months/years down the road when you have become known as Kali B. Norton (which you will) you will regret having a company named after a past part of your life (Kali Brou). It will always be special because it's your maiden name, but isn't this company about the new and exciting that are going to happen in the future? So future Kali B. Norton, past just Kali Brou, but that's just mine opinion. Good luck with your business sweetpea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kali B. Norton Photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Kali B. Norton Photography!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda25.1.11

    Im with Shelli too! You will always be kalibrou, its how most people know you/ recognize you! Kbeezy! Sorry preston! Plus like Shelli said.. it just goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Kali Brou Photography. It is easier to say and, like Shelli, I like the 4-letter symmetry. Also, if you are artistic, it never hurts to have a French name. Qui?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Kali Brou for a couple of reasons, one of which I will share with you later. The other is it's a long name to write on checks, speaking from a mom perspective. I guess the people that have always known you as a Brou are a little biased, however I do like simplicity and you taught me less is better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Logan26.1.11

    Just do K. B. Photography. It rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aunt Jo27.1.11

    I'm with Logan......I always liked KB Photography since you first began this endeavor!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katie Ayo2.2.11

    What about "K.Norton Photography"? or "The Norton Studio" "Norton Photography" "KBN Photography" Just a few I thought of :) I think I agree that later down the road you will wish you had used your married name. Brou was part of who you were as a child and part of your past, Norton is your future and a part of who YOU are now :) Just some thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2.2.11

    Use the married name! It will make you smile every time you see it :)

    -Kristi

    ReplyDelete